The European directives for ATEX apply to organisations subject to explosion hazard (ATEX 153), and to equipment applied in explosion-hazardous areas (ATEX 114).
In order to comply with the ATEX directives, fans must be equipped with:
- Spark-resistant construction;
- ATEX motor;
- Mechanical overdimensioned impeller;
- Shaft seal;
- Pre-fitted for connection of various monitoring devices;
- Higher balancing standard;
- PT-100 on the bearings (if applicable);
- Vibration registration on the bearings (if applicable);
- ATEX label and certificate (verified and certified by Dekra Certification B.V., previously KEMA Quality B.V.).
For full compliance with the ATEX directive, the end user needs to inform Naaykens' of all essential information with respect to the explosive environment, including specification of the zoning.
This zoning is classified as follows:
- Zone 20: frequent or continuous presence of a concentration of explosive dust for a longer period;
- Zone 21: concentration of explosive dust may occur under normal working conditions;
- Zone 22: concentration of explosive dust occurs only under abnormal working conditions;
- Zone 0: frequent or continuous presence of a concentration of explosive gas for a longer period;
- Zone 1: concentration of explosive gas may occur under normal working conditions;
- Zone 2: concentration of explosive gas occurs only under abnormal working conditions
We can supply fans for zones 1, 21, 2, and 22, where the fan's internal zoning may differ from the external zoning.
Ask our specialists for a free quote tailored to the zone of your specification.